What are Adventure One Summer Surf Camps
During Adventure One’s Summer Camps your child learn how to surf but they will learn about beach safety too! And if the waves are too small to surf which occasionally happens we use our stand up paddle boards or play plenty of beach games in and out of the water, to ensure your kids will have an unforgettable time.
Surf Camp Dates
The Surf Camps run from the 2nd July till the end of August. Surf camp commences every Monday to Friday at 10am July through to September.
Summer Camp Dates 2019:
|2nd – 6th July||9th – 13th July|
|16th – 20th July||23rd – 27th July|
|30th July – 3rd August||6th – 11th August|
|13th – 17th August||20th – 24th August|
The Cost of the Surf Camp
The cost of the kids surf camps is
- €100 per child (family rates available)
- Getting 5 lessons for the price of 4
- At the end of the week all the kids get a certificate
- FREE Adventure One Surf School T-Shirt!
Camp Times and activities breakdown
10:00am Meet at Ballyheirnan Bay in Fanad, suit up and wax up!
Lesson Content :
Surf Lessons will be 2 hours in duration and will be split into 3 sections.
- Firstly a small introduction about the boards and wet-suits used and some safety points.
- Then you will learn on the beach how to catch a wave in the prone position
- before hitting the water to try it out.
- You will not be going out above waist depth so you can get your confidence.
- After 20 mins of catching waves in the prone position
- we will go back to the beach where you will learn how to stand on the board.
- Then for the remainder of the class we will be in the water practicing what you’ve learned.
- surf forecasts and rip currents will also be covered throughout the week.
12.00pm Surf lesson ends
Being ISA approved means all our instructors are qualified coaches, qualified RLSS Beach lifeguards and we are fully insured. This gives peace of mind to any parents wishing their kids to join our kids surf camps.
To make a booking or for more information, Please fill out the contact details below (*required)